Fire TV Stick is a great device for watching over a million movies and TV episodes without having to go through the hassle of downloading any apps. Plus, it comes with a variety of other features, such as music streaming, voice control, and more. So if you’re looking for an affordable way to watch TV and movies, the Fire TV Stick is a great option.
The Fire TV Stick is the perfect way to experience new and exciting apps. With a few simple steps, you can add any app to your home screen. Here are all the different ways to download apps on your Fire TV Stick and how to add them to your home screen.
How to Download Apps Using a Voice Remote
Download a Voice Remote Capable of the Fire TV Stick, you can ask the services of Alexa to raise an application, and you will then go to the download page. To do this, press and hold the button on the Wi-Fi Remote or mic symbol with Alexa and speak to, “Alexa, open [App Name]”.
Then select the Download option that appears on your screen by pressing toggling the button.
How to Download an App on Your Fire TV Stick Manually
The easiest way to download an app is to navigate to the Find tab on the home page, then tap the search icon and type the name of the app along with your remote. Select the result, click Download, then follow the onscreen directions.
1. Select the Find option on your Fire TV home screen. you can use the right directional button on your remote to recognize the button, then press the down button on your remote to reveal the main menu.
2. Attain Search.
3. Type the number of the activity you want to download, followed by the name of the app. You have to do this letter-by-letter using your remote. Use the directional buttons to select each letter and the Select button to enter each letter.
4. Rather than typing the entire app’s name, navigate down to the program’s name. You don’t necessarily need to input the complete app’s name to use it.
5. If you can’t locate the app you want to download, you can click to the appropriate or click to scroll down.
6. Select the Download button at the bottom of the screen.
How to Download Apps by Category
If you have an Amazon Fire TV Stick but don t know the name of the app you need to download, you can navigate to Appstore and search for popular apps by category. To do this, go to Find on your home screen and select App Store.
1. Go to the Find screen on the Fire TV home screen.
2. Next, you can proceed to the App store. You can also seek out apps on this page by picking any of the other options.
3. Next, select a category, opt for an app, then lastly, click Download. In the feature section, you can search for revealed apps if you’ve previously downloaded any Fire TV device.
The All Categories tab will give you access to more than 25 different subcategories, enabling you to find new programs to download.
You can also download the apps you want, then you can add them to the home screen and arrange them, so you can access your favorite programs quickly.
How to Add Apps to Your Fire TV Home Screen
To navigate to the Apps icon on your Fire TV home screen, click on the icon with three boxes on it and a plus sign. Next, press the menu button on your remote to highlight an app, then select Move and press the menu button again to move the app to the top row on your home screen.
1. Go to the Slideshows section on your Fire TV home screen and select the Apps option. This is the button with three boxes and a plus sign.
2. Highlight the app that you want to move to. Don’t click the app. All you have to do is use your remote to go straight to the app.
3. Next, tap the Menu button on your remote. That’s where you’ll find the icon with three lines on it.
4. Click Move and then select the option that appears on your screen. Select the function on your remote by pressing the Select button.
5. According to your remote control, transfer the application to the top row. To perform this task, consider using the directional buttons on your own remote. You may be able to merely add up to 6 programs to the home screen presently. They all will be located in the center of the middle bar on your home screen.
How to Download Apps on an Older Fire TV Stick
Press the magnifying glass icon on the bottom of your screen to navigate to your home screen and find the App search function. Type in the name of the app you are looking for and select the app from the list. Finally, select Download or Get.
1. Use the magnifying glass icon in the top left of the screen on your Fire Stick to request a magnifying glass. If you have a Fire Stick remote compatible with a built-in microphone, you can also use the button on the remote to put a name into the search box of apps.
2. Opt for the directional pad on the keyboard, then type in the title of an application. You don’t need to enter the entire name. The name of the app will appear before you type it in completely.
3. After that, tap the app button. When you see the name of the app you want to download, press down on the directional pad until it obtains the name of the app.
4. The center button controls an app’s selection on a remote control.
5. Choose Get or Download. You will see the Download button if you have already downloaded the app. You will see the Get button if you haven’t downloaded the app yet.
6. Wait for the download to finish and select Open to begin it.
If you want to enjoy the full range of Amazon Prime benefits on your Fire TV Stick, it’s best to download apps that are supported by Amazon’s app store. This way, you can get the latest season of your favorite show or movie right when it airs, access exclusive deals and more.