Live television streaming is becoming a viable alternative for those people who would like to get rid of their cable cord. Live TV subscription packages available through Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube TV, and Sling TV give you even more reason to say goodbye to traditional cable TV. If you’re thinking about making the switch, here’s everything you need to know about how to watch live TV on Hulu.
Hulu Live TV provides a great deal of new channels that you may register for and subscribe to. To learn more about these channels, check out our article.
How to Get Hulu Live
You must have a Hulu-supported device, the latest version of the Hulu app, and an Internet connection to access Hulu Live. You will also need a debit or credit card or other digital payment methods like PayPal, Venmo, or Hulu gift cards. To be able to access Live TV, Hulu subscribers also need to set up a Home network within 30 days following registration.
Hulu Live supports select Android and iOS devices, including Android TV and Apple TV, and you can use it along with other streaming devices, including Fire TV, Chromecast, and Roku. Hulu Live works on certain smart TVs from Vizio, Samsung, LG, and more, and you can use it with your Mac or PC computer, or with modern Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo gaming consoles. For a complete list of compatible devices, go to Hulu’s Help Center.
Hulu recommends an online connection of at most 3 Mbps for streaming most of their content. However, you should make sure your internet connection has speeds of 8 Mbps for live broadcasts and 16 Mbps for 4K videos.
How to Sign Up for a Hulu Account
1. Go to Hulu.com on your desktop to visit its live-tv website. To bypass the Live-TV and on-demand plans, go to a Hulu.com sign-up page.
2. Click the Start Your Free Trial button to begin your subscription. When using the Live-TV-only sign-up link, click the Select button to select the Live TV plan only.
3. Populate the information on the Set up Your Account page.
4. Continue to the next step and click Continue.
5. Complete your payment information.
6. Click the Submit button to finish filling out the form.
If you currently have an existing Hulu subscription, you can get Hulu Live TV or Hulu (No Ads) Live TV by following these steps:
1. Go to hulu.com and start.
2. Then click Log In. This button can be found in the upper right of the window.
3. Enter your login credentials for Facebook, Hulu, or other service. Alternatively, you might enter your account IDs for Facebook or Hulu.
4. Toggle the Settings tab in your program. This is the circular button in the upper right corner.
5. Click on the link in Account.
6. Go to the Your Subscription tab, and then click Manage Plan. It will show your current plan and other subscription options that you can switch to.
7. Click the switch for Hulu Live TV plan you would like to switch to.
8. Click Review changes to confirm your changes.
Setting up Your Home Network
As a subscriber to Hulu Live TV, you ought to set up your Home network, as this will help you choose regional and nearby channels to watch. To set up a Home network, you need a residential, non-portable Internet connection.
From the logged-in edition of your supported device, visit Hulu online, or click Set or Change Home beneath Privacy and Security on your Hulu online account. From the Home Webinar Settings menu, be sure to configure your equipment to complete the Home network setup.
How to Watch Live TV on Hulu
If you don’t already have Hulu, you can choose the Live icon on the Hulu home screen to automatically turn on live TV. A selection of live channels can be viewed in the Live Guide. You can select a particular channel to view.
How to Watch Live TV on Hulu Online or through the Hulu app
1. Hulu launch the application.
2. Click Live TV on the Home screen. This will be available in the top left corner of the screen. It shows you the live video stream of the channel you last watched.
3. Then, right, click the three-line icon in the player’s lower-left corner while he is watching on Hulu.com. If using the mobile application, tap the exit full-screen icon, or you can tilt your device upwards during playback.
4. Select the TV channel you want to watch.
5. Hulu will then be prepared to load the live streaming TV channel you have selected.
How to Watch Live TV on Hulu on Apple TV or Roku Device
1. Once you’ve downloaded Hulu, go to the application and launch it on your smart TV.
2. Click on the Up button on your Roku remote control, then press the Right arrow key. Then, click the Down button. For Apple television, swipe up during playback to make the Live TV Guide accessible.
3. Hulu loads the guide currently broadcasting to live television. On the left of the display, you will see an option for All, Recent, My Channels, Sports, News, Movies, and Kids.
All, Recent, and My Channels are layered into alphabetical tiles by Sports, News, Movies, and Kids. Sports, The News, Movies, and Kids are listed by timestamp, starting with the first appearance.
4. Go to the channel you want to watch, then click “OK” on your remote control.
5. Hulu is loading the Live TV channel that you have selected.
Hulu is a great option for those who want to watch live TV without having to leave their comfort zone. With its various channels and on-demand options, Hulu makes watching TV a breeze.