The summer is the most enjoyable season for many people, both because of its general hotter climate and its abundance of natural beauty. Often referred to as the “season of the tree”, summers are also a great time to spend with your family, as they often offer the perfect backdrop for outdoor activities. The cooler weather makes it easier for all those who enjoy spending their days on the trails or in nature.
Shelters can be tricky places to find – especially when you’re looking for a site that won’t double as a car camping location. That’s why we developed this list of campsites that are cooler than average and chocolatey enough to make your favorite caramel sundaes taste good. So where do you look? Check out these cool spots here:
Top Cooler For Car Camping List
Cooler For Car Camping Reviews
- PORTABLE TRAVEL FRIDGE & HEATER: Whether you're travelling on the road or camping in an RV, camper or minivan, this large capacity storage container to heat & warm or cool & chill food & drink.
- PLUGS IN ANYWHERE: The cooler/warmer combo has 2 6 FT. Extra Long built in cords - one for standard wall outlets, and one for car power adapters. Both have storage compartments to be hidden when not in use.
- VAST STORAGE SPACE: This 48 quart cooler stores about 60 cans of soda or 6 two liter bottles and 15 cans of soda or beer. A removable divider creates 2 compartments for easier organizing and storing.
- CHILLS WITHOUT ICE: Forget ice packs that need constant refilling, take up precious space, and leave you with a watery mess when they melt. This cooler maintains a cool 40°F temp without any ice.
- DOUBLE HANDLES AND WHEELED: Two handles and wheels make it easy to carry or pull. A dual functioning handle allows you to carry your cooler in hand or pull it on the ground using the wheels.
- THE COOLER THAT CHILLS ON THE GO | Hit the Road & Beat the Heat with the Ivation Portable Electric Cooler Bag! Spacious 15 Liter (4 Gallon) Capacity Holds Cans, Bottles, Food & Other Perishables for Icy Enjoyment Anywhere | Includes Cooler Pack/Lunchbox & DC Adapter for Plugging Into Vehicle with 12V Outlet Including Cars, Trucks, RVs & Boats
- ICELESS THERMOELECTRIC TECHNOLOGY | NEW Ultra-Efficient, Long-Lasting Peltier Cooling System Requires No Liquid Refrigerant for Operation! Simply Plug In to Safely & Effectively Cools Contents’ Temperature 15 degrees below the ambient temperature | Brushless Fan Motor is Quiet & Requires Minimal Energy for Eco-Friendly, Freon-Free Performance
- DURABLE SOFT-SIDED CONSTRUCTION | Heavy-Duty Exterior Coating is Made of Soft Yet Sturdy Polyester, While Thick, High-Quality Insulation Boosts Thermal Resistance for Keeping Hot/Cold When Unplugged | Tote Handles a Hefty 20+ Can Load Capacity, is Lightweight for Travel & Features Flexible Folding Walls that Collapse for Convenient Storage
- CARRY HANDLES & COMPARTMENTS | Built-In Extras Make Packing a Breeze Including Discreet Cord Storage & a Generous Front Pocket with Zipper Closure for Stowing Utensils, Napkins, Bottle Openers, Keys & Other Personal Items | Use the Removable Shoulder Strap for Comfortable Cross-Body Toting, or Grab the Integrated Carry Handles to Pick Up & Go
- -GREAT GIFT FOR OUTDOORSY TRAVELERS | Folding Electric Cooler Bag Keeps Food & Beverages Fresh, Cold & Ready to Serve Whether You’re Indoors, Outdoors or Enroute | Smart Gift for Truckers, Boaters, Fishermen, Women & Men Who Travel for Work, Van Life Couples & Families Who Love Camping, Hiking, Long Road Trips, RVs, BBQs & Beach Days
- UP TO 24 HOURS OF COOLING – The RTIC soft insulated cooler is the perfect insulated cooler bag to keep your food and drinks cool wherever needed for up to 24 hours.
- IT’S A FLOATING COOLER – Not to mention it’s a floating cooler, it floats, so your drinks and snacks can go wherever you go. Ideal for a day at the pool or lake, no matter where the adventure takes.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND DURABLE – The soft cooler is lightweight yet tough to take on any terrain with its heavy-duty nylon shell. The portable cooler measures 15.5 x 11.5 x 12.75 inches.
- MULTIPLE USES – It’s the perfect ice cooler, drink cooler, travel cooler, beer cooler, lunch cooler, camping cooler, beach cooler. Features 2 inches of closed-cell foam.
- LEAK-PROOF WITH ZIPPER – This outdoor cooler is a 100% leak-proof cooler thanks to a durable zipper that prevents spills and leaks. Comes in a 12 can cooler bag, 20 can cooler, 30 can cooler, and 40 can cooler size.
- 14L 12v cooler/warmer lets drivers save money and time by enjoying food and drinks on the go inside your vehicle, reduce or eliminate stops at fast food joints during road trips, and save gas by avoiding the line at the drive thru; ideal for road trips
- Keep food and beverages cool without messy ice, or keep them warm instead; unit holds up to 12 soda cans; standard size water bottles also fit inside (if desired, you can even pack healthy snacks like fruit and yogurt)
- Hot/cold/off switch has indicator lights for quickly viewing which temperature mode is in use; maximum cooling capacity is 32 Degree-36 Degree F below room temperature and it can heat up to a maximum of 140 Degree
- Easy to use - simply plug into your vehicle's 12v DC outlet and slide the temperature control switch; 9 foot DC power cord extends to your vehicle's back seat area; built-in shoulder strap allows for easy transport to take it anywhere you go
- An optional AC adapter accessory is available (Wagan item 9903) for additional use in the home, office or hotel (sold separately)
- Internal dimensions: 12" x 8.25" x 5.5" (LxWxH)
- External dimensions: 19" x 10.25" x 12" (LxWxH)
- KEEP FOOD & DRINK FRESH ON THE GO | Powerful Thermoelectric Technology Provides Dependable Cooling & Warming for All Your Potables & Perishables | Maintains Drinks Icy Cold at 40°F & Maintains Hot Food at 130F. enjoy while While Camping, Fishing, Hiking, Catering, Dining Outdoors, Picnicking, Barbecuing, Road Tripping & So Much More
- 25-LITER INTERIOR COMPARTMENT | Enough Space to Hold Dozens of Bottles, Food Trays, Dishes, To-Go Containers, Refrigerated Medications—Even 2-L Soda Bottles! | Easy-Clean Design Wipes Down in Seconds & Requires No Costly Maintenance
- CHANGE MODES WITH THE FLIP OF A SWITCH | No More Ice Runs! | Innovative Dual-Function Cooler Allows You to Keep Pre-Chilled Beverages Icy Cold or Maintain Heat of Pre-Cooked Foods As Long As You Have Access to an AC or DC Outlet | Includes Built-In Fans & One-Button Hot/Cold Switch for Safe, Effortless Operation
- COLLAPSABLE HANDLE FOR COOL PORTABILITY | Bring the Refrigerator & Oven with You! | While an Integrated Handle Easily Extends & Folds Away for Stress-Free Transfer & Tidy Storage | Airtight & Watertight Lid Cover Also Includes Ergonomic Grips for Quick Open/Close Access
- POWER ADAPTERS FOR HOME & VEHICLE | Complete Travel Cooler System Has You Ready to Transport Food & Drink Supplies Anywhere with a Hideaway AC Power Cord for Standard Wall Outlet & DC Adapter for Plugging into Car/Truck Cigarette Lighter | Be the Life of the Party Whether You’re Indoors, Outside, or On the Move!
- 【High Quality & Durable】- The Outrora ice chest uses EPP foam, which is large in size and light in weight and has a waterproof layer on the surface to protect food and beverages from being wet by rain. The black cooler is versatile, dirt-resistant, easy to clean, suitable for a variety of scenes, and more durable.
- 【Keep Cold or Warm】- The inner material in the portable cooler is high-density insulated foam and the interior is made from a waterproof material. More than 48 hours extra long cooling insulation time. The cooler box not only keeps drinks cold it’s wonderful for food as well. It has enough room for a day trip!
- 【Foldable & Super Convenient】- This large ice chest adopts a buckle design and is easy to install. Unfolded size: 23.6in*15.7in*9.8in, folded size: 23.6in*15.7in*4.3in. After being folded, space can be reduced by 80%, making it more suitable for carrying. The foam ice chest is great for outdoor activities like tailgating, camping, sitting around with friends, drive-in, etc.
- 【39L Large Capacity】- Our car ice cooler can hold 45 small water bottles or 60 jars (without ice cubes), as well as vegetables, fruits, and your lunch. One box is enough to meet your camping needs. (Note: Due to the buckle design, there will be gaps in the junction. Please do not place broken ice cubes. The liquid will flow out after melting. You can add ice cubes with packaging bags.)
- 【Quality Service & Buying Experience】- We focus on product quality and buying experience. If you have any questions about the product, please contact us by email in time, and we will provide you with a satisfactory solution！
- Industry-Leading Cold Retention: Advanced insulation and tightly locking lid mean this powerful cooler can keep ice frozen for 3.3 days even unpowered, a full day longer than name-brand competitors!
- 24 L (26 qt) Portable Cooler: With a 24 liter (26 quart) capacity, this compact 12 volt car fridge holds up to 31 standard soft drink cans and is tall enough to fit 2L bottles standing upright
- Plugs Into Any 12V Outlet: Powerful thermoelectric cooler comes with a 12V DC adapter for use on the go in your car, truck, or boat; also compatible with AC power (110V adapter sold separately) for indoors
- Efficient Iceless Cooling: Advanced thermoelectric technology cools to 36°F (22°C) below the surrounding temperature with no need for ice
- Made in North America: Proudly Canadian, Koolatron has been manufacturing industry-leading 12V coolers in North America for over 30 years
- Functions as a Cooler or a Warmer ; Cord length: 7.5 feet
- Capacity: 24L/27 Cans; Dimensions LxWxH (internal approx): 11 x 8 x 12
- Holds Four 2L Bottles Standing Vertically. Insulation- Polyurethane Foam
- Cooling- 36°F / 20°C below ambient temperature. Cools your food in 30 minutes
- Heats Ups To 140°F
- A perfect item for family road trips or anyone who spends a lot of time driving and gets hungry and thirsty on the road
- 2 temperature settings: cool up to 32 Degree - 36 Degree Fahrenheit below room temperature, or warm up to 140 Degree Fahrenheit; its hot/cold/off switch has indicator lights and is on the back of the unit
- 24 Liter Capacity: fits four 2 Liter bottles or up to 27 cans - or ample room inside for food and snacks
- Heavy duty handle for easy transport; plus a 7 feet DC power cord which allows the unit to be placed in the vehicle's backseat
- Operates on 12v DC (cord included) for use in vehicle; optional AC adapter is available for home and office use, Wagan item 9903 (sold separately)
- 17 L (18 qt) Capacity Cooler: With a 17 liter (18 quart) capacity and unique slim design, the P20 cooler/warmer can hold 23 standard soft drink cans and fits between the front seats of most minivans
- Plugs Into Any 12V Outlet: Thermoelectric cooler/warmer comes with a 12V DC adapter for use on the go in your car, truck, or boat; also compatible with AC power (adapter sold separately) for indoors
- Warming and Cooling Functions: Eco-friendly iceless technology efficiently cools to 40°F (22°C) below surrounding temperature or warms to 140°F (60°C), using less power than your vehicle’s tail light
- Practical and Durable Design: Features a latch-free lid that can be opened with one hand for grab and go convenience, fold-away handle, cord storage, protective exterior, and stain-resistant lining
- Made in North America: Proudly Canadian, Koolatron has been manufacturing industry-leading 12V coolers in North America for over 30 years
- Large cooler bag: 25L, 6.6-gallon ice cooler bag can hold up to 40 cans of 330ml beverage, 34*24* 30cm,13.38 *9.44*11.81inch, combined with 2 ice packs, insulated lunch bag can keep cool for up to 16 hours. Ice chest can hold drinks, fruit, beer, snacks, pizza, meat or seafood.
- Lunch box, weight is only 1.6 pounds, easy to fold, easy to carry storage, 1680D Oxford fabric, prevent tearing, at the same time, collapsible cooler bag handle reinforced sewing process design, lunch bag can bear 50 pounds, food grade PEVA material hot melt suture technology to prevent water leakproof, thick pearl cotton to keep warm longer.
- Travel cooler for car widened handle and shoulder strap design, reduce hand and shoulder pressure, relieve fatigue. A double zipper design opens and seals for greater firmness and ease, easy-to-clean inner bladder, adjustable shoulder straps to accommodate different heights, front pocket reflective design for easier identification in low light environments.
- Soft cooler bag Multi-pocket design, front zipper pocket can store mobile keys, front large pocket can store snacks, upper cover inner pocket can store tableware, side pocket can store drinks and picnic mat, etc.
- Versatile, you can soft sided coolers insulated leak proof as a lunch bag, wine picnic bag, beach bag cooler, camping bag, fish cooler bag, beer cooler bag, golf cooler bag, car bag, insulated wine bag,carrying case bag compatible with portable power station.
Cooler For Car Camping FAQs
What is the summer season?
The summer is the best time of year to visit the UK, as it offers a wide range of attractions and weather conditions that are perfect for all tastes. The summers are also a great time to spend with family and friends, as they offer an environment thats perfect for relaxation.
Summer is the most enjoyable season for many people, both because of its general warmer climate and its abundance of natural beauty. Its also a great time to spend time with family and friends, as it offers an atmosphere thats perfect for relaxed conversation. The cooler weather makes it easier for all those who enjoy spending their days on the trails or in nature.
The summer is the best time to visit the UK, as it offers a wide range of attractions and weather conditions that are perfect for all tastes. The summers are also a great time to spend with family and friends, as they offer an environment that’s perfect for relaxation.
The summer is the best season of year because there is always something happening in our country - whether we like it or not! We love this period because it gives us plenty of opportunity to relax after work or whenever we feel like enjoying ourselves; we can be out in nature without worrying about what’s going on around us! There’s so much going on in our country during this period - from festivals to events - so having somewhere peaceful to relax can be important! If youre looking for somewhere quiet but still have access to everything around you then look no further than here at Campsite London! We have everything you need right here: from restaurants close by, bars/lounges nearby (if necessary), shops nearby (if necessary), parks nearby (if necessary)… You wont find anything more centrally located than here at Campsite London! Dont leave home without finding something peaceful here at Campsite London!
What is the location of the summer shelters?
The following campsites are located in or near the summer shelters. They are perfect for a weekend getaway, a week of camping or a long trip.
1. Lakeshore Campground - This campground is located in the center of Lake Tahoe and offers plenty of space for your group to spread out and enjoy the lakes beautiful scenery. Its also an easy walk to Lake Tahoe from downtown Reno, making it perfect for families with kids who want to stay outside but still have access to all the fun around town.
2. The Whistling Pines Campsite - This campground is located in Northern California and offers plenty of space for your group to spread out and enjoy the lakes beautiful scenery. It’s also an easy walk from Lake Tahoe, making it perfect for families with kids who want to stay outside but still have access to all the fun around town.
3. Rancho Blosquet Campsite - This campground is located on a scenic mountain trail that leads up into Yosemite National Park and offers lots of space for your group to spread out and enjoy nature’s beauty along its length. It’s also an easy walk from Yosemite Valley, making it perfect for families with kids who want to stay outside but still have access to all the fun around town!
What are the benefits of summer camping?
1. Fairfield Inn and Suites - $149 per night
2. Holiday Inn Express - $139 per night
3. Holiday Inn - $129 per night
4. Hampton Inn & Regency - $119 per night
5. Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa - $109 per night
6. Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte-$108 per night
7. Hilton – New York – Times Square (the Ritz-Carlton) –$103 per room
What is the reason for skepticism about summer camping?
I think that the best thing to do is to pick a spot that youre happy with and stick to it. If you find yourself camping in a place that isnt right for you, dont give up - there are plenty of good spots out there!
What can be done to make summer camping more enjoyable?
There are a few things you can do to make summer camping more enjoyable:
1. The first thing is to make sure you have everything you need for your trip - food, water, supplies, and of course the equipment to help you get there. Youll want all the supplies for your campground in case it gets crowded or if you need to go somewhere without electricity.
2. You can also invest in some good tents - theyre great for all kinds of weather and theyre also easy to set up and take down. On top of that, they come with plenty of features that make them easier than ever to set up or take down.3. Finally, there are plenty of activities that will give you both relaxation as well as plenty of outdoor fun: mountain biking on a beautiful spring day; hiking in the woods; camping at a lake or river; sailing on a lake; boating on Lake Superior - just about any activity will have its own unique charm thanks to the beauty around it!
The summer season is a great time to spend with your family and friends, especially if you’re looking for a place where you can relax and enjoy the outdoors. It’s also a great time to camp – whether it’s in the woods or on the beach. You’ll be able to enjoy all of the natural beauty that comes with this season, as well as having fun with your kids while they play outside.
This list is not exhaustive and there are many more cool campsites out there that you should check out!
This article was originally published in August 2011. The content has been updated since then.
Summer campsites are usually located near major highways, such as I-95 or I-95E (I-95A) or I-75 (I-75E). They may also be located along major roads, such as U.S. Route 1 (US 1) or US 1A (US 1B).
As mentioned above, these sites may be difficult to find because they’re often hidden by trees or other vegetation. However, if you know where they are located, it shouldn’t be too hard to find them – just keep an eye out for any signs of activity around them!
If you’re camping at a site that isn’t listed here but still wants to get into campground business, please contact us for more information about how we can help!